Design Engineer (location Alphen a.d. Rijn)
A Design Engineer’s primary role within the organization is to be main focal point and contact person towards our technical & bespoke concepts and designs for client projects. Within this role, you are responsible to technically review and design mechanical / electromechanical industrial solutions. Overall design coordination responsibility within the assigned project/s using the applicable Engineering interfaces to support. Ensuring a successful product design execution and on time delivery
Duties and responsibilities
- Practical technical education, preferably in mechanical engineering
- Detailed evaluation of supplied technical drawing top works, sequence schematics and project specifications
- Identify and select correct material grades & special components required
- Ensure technical design requirements defined within scope, are properly incorporated into the engineering deliverables Vault / ERP system
- Produce detailed designs within Autodesk / Inventor/ Solid Works
- Small operational / production improvement projects
- Supplying technical drawings / schematics & documentation
- Review and implement continual cost-effective solutions within our standard product lines
- Compile BOM’s (Bill of Materials) Support Project & Production Engineers with FSR “Feasibility Study Request” of nonstandard items
- A Design Engineer works alongside the following internal departmental interfaces; Production Engineering / Project Engineering / Documentation department / Procurement department / Workshop lead & Mechanics
- Align the technical deliverables within the project MCDS
- Educated to minimum MTS, preferably in a Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent subject
- Two to three years engineering working experience, which have been accrued working as a design engineer within an engineering manufacturer.
- Good working knowledge of Autodesk / Inventor / Solid Works / Vault / ERP
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Excellent internal & external communication skills
- Proficient with MS-office applications Excel/ Word / Outlook
Sofis offers an interesting position at an ambitious and market leading company with a strong focus on growth. Sofis is an independent and globally operating company within a large group of companies. Our team is international, diverse and consists of highly enthusiastic and dedicated professionals. We like to improve the safety at our customers sites. Further career opportunities within Sofis and Halma are possible and training and personal development opportunities are available.
Werken met collega's die je een goed gevoel geven, weten dat er naar je geluisterd wordt en dat ze zien wat je wilt en waar je toe in staat bent. Netherlocks is gevestigd in Alphen aan den Rijn en doet er alles aan om je op je gemak te stellen en je moeiteloos in het proces te integreren. Leuke collega's, dynamische markt en alleen maar mooie uitdagingen. Wij laten je talenten ontluiken. Ben jij enthousiast, deskundig en flexibel en wil jij ook graag werken in een internationale omgeving? Bekijk dan hier onze vacatures, solliciteer direct of blijf op de hoogte via RSS!
Please apply by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form. Website: Go to website