ACTIAM located in Utrecht has a vacancy for a
Senior Responsible Investment Officer
The ESG Research/Responsible Investment department is a team of driven professionals. Within ACTIAM, we are responsible for the development and implementation of the responsible investment policy. We work closely with investors, relationship management, fund management and other departments within ACTIAM. We also work together with other (international) institutional investors and data providers. ACTIAM has the ambition to remain a frontrunner in the area of responsible investment, in which we will continue to invest.The team currently consists of 8 people who are supported by interns on a structural basis.
The Responsible Investment team is positioned around three focus points:
(1) Research and Policy:
- The preparation of the responsible investment policy including the development of future themes such as health
- The analysis of companies, countries and data
- Screening our investment universe based on the Fundamental Investment Principles
(2) Active Ownership:
- Engagements, with emphasis on the core themes of ACTIAM (climate, water and land)
(3) Strategy and Innovation
- The development of ACTIAM’s long-term strategy
- Innovation within the field of responsible investment
- Development of metrics and impact measurement tools
Your function falls within the area of ‘Active Ownership’. You will be in charge of our active ownership strategy and are able to take this to the next level. You will make sure that we remain leading in this area, which calls for innovation and a visionary approach.
You will also be responsible for our one of our focus themes. This includes further development of the strategy, conducting engagements, and developing a method for impact measurement. On our website you can find more information about our focus themes (http://www.actiam.nl/en/docs/sustainability).
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and ambitious colleague. You enjoy contributing both in an abstract and in a pragmatic way. You have strong communication skills, both verbally as well as in writing. You are able to transform abstract information and figures into a convincing and clear story-line. You can recognize material ESG issues and are able to translate this into concrete actions. And you are able to work in an organised and systematic way.
Your tasks include:
- Developing and maintaining ACTIAM’s long term Active ownership strategy, and cooperating with colleagues to implement this strategy;
- Further improving our positioning, strategy and implementation of the focus themes;
- Conducting engagement with investee companies to achieve behavioural change
- Contributing to innovation on emerging ESG subjects;
- Representing ACTIAM in various ways, including on stage performance (e.g. roundtables and seminars) and working groups
- Master in Ecology, Economics, Finance, Earth Sciences, Sustainable/ International development or similar;
- Excellent comprehension of the Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing;
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant job experience, for example as an ESG investment strategist (or impact investing), ESG strategy-consultant, Active ownership specialist;
- Understanding of the asset management field or a willingness and ability to learn
- Strong stage presence
- Preference for workingwith different departments;
- Proactive attitude and a flexible mindset;
- Ability to work accurately under pressure;
- Experience in responsible investing and working with social issues.
You have excellent comprehension of Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing. You are results-oriented, and you work in a thorough and systematic way. Finally, you are good at working independently, but you are also a quintessential team player and a networker.
ACTIAM is the leading responsible asset and fund manager in the Netherlands, with € 54.6 billion in assets under management (31 December 2016). As an authority in the area of responsible investing, we are proud of the results we have achieved. We welcome sharing our successes. Our culture is professional, collegial, approachable and welcoming.
We work together and we exhibit ownership and flexibility. We put ourselves in the client’s position and are not afraid of making decisions. We are fully aware of our responsibility towards society, and we have taken this responsibility seriously for many years. Responsible asset management is in our DNA, giving ACTIAM a leading position in this area. It is an edge in which we continue to invest. ACTIAM offers a professional working environment and an atmosphere of co-operation in which involvement is rewarded and where you can realise your full potential. ACTIAM is a division of VIVAT Verzekeringen.
VIVAT is a leading insurance company and fund and asset manager based in the Netherlands, with a rich history that goes back more than a century. We have a strong customer base and a solid reputation. We offer services to our clients through the Zwitserleven, Reaal and ACTIAM brands as well as through Digital, our new concept.
Anbang, the China-based insurer, has been our shareholder since 26 July 2015. Anbang is a globally operating insurance company with a presence in North America, Europe, China and the rest of Asia. We work together on innovations and on developing a sound international growth strategy.
We focus on innovative and digital insurance applications and on making our business processes even simpler. This will create an agile organisation that is closer to clients and customers, and enables us to meet their needs even more effectively.
We offer, in our informal organization, appealing benefits for the successful candidate, including a good salary, 13th month, and scope for training and development. We offer a good work-life balance (e.g. The New World of Work). The successful candidate will be given plenty of responsibility and the opportunity to develop his/her talents. Taking initiative is highly encouraged.Further information about our employee benefits
For questions regarding the application process please contact Diederick Kavelaars, Senior Recruiter, +31 683 632 417. If you have any questions about the position, please send an email to Dennis van der Putten, Head of ESG Research/ Responsible Investing, at email@example.com or call 06 120 879 41.
If you recognize yourself in the description and the challenge apply now via our online application page, by clicking on the Apply button.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
Contactpersoon: Diederick Kavelaars
Adres: Graadt van Roggenweg 250
Postcode/plaats: 3531 AH Utrecht
Telefoon: 020 543 63 30