GIAURA is turning CO2, the world’s biggest waste-stream, into a profitable, sustainable business. This is your chance to be part of it! We are in the exciting phase of expanding our company and are therefore looking for a:
Mechatronics / Mechanical Engineer Intern (3-6 months starting February/March, Amsterdam)
to join our team, save the world and have the ride of his/her life!
You support our team in advancing our current CO2 capture & release products, both conceptually and practically. This involves the testing and analysis of our current demonstration units, as well as deriving and implementing recommendations on how to improve their efficiency and reliability.
We offer you a unique opportunity of incredible professional and personal development in one of the most innovative start-ups in the heart of Amsterdam. “Big shoes” are waiting for you to be filled so you grow into them and discover your skills, likes and dislikes. You will have great freedom but also corresponding responsibility in supporting the technical side of our start-up while discovering all the other aspects of running a company on-the-go!
Are you up for it? Then send Alex your CV, a brief motivation letter and a short outline on how you would design a low-grade heating mechanism for a 10mm thick bed of porous plastic beads with high thermal capacity.
GIAURA (“Earth’s Air”) is a spin-off from the European Space Agency (ESA) and developed a unique CO2 capture technology which we apply in a variety of products and industries. The technology permits an independent, reliable and onsite supply of highly concentrated CO2, which is extracted from the ambient air thus closing the carbon loop by avoiding environmental pollution. This “Giaura Process” is suitable for industrial markets such as greenhouses, algae, biofuel and ventilation systems as well as private markets such as aquarium-keeping, beverage carbonation or pools.
Our team doubled in size in the last months and consists of several full and part-time colleagues. While having diverse backgrounds in education and origin, we share the same vision about Giaura and the passion for start-ups. Our working culture is based on a dynamic and smart approach to business, customer orientation, an open & understanding attitude to others plus the desire to push the boundaries of the possible. We are headquartered in the heart of Amsterdam and part of Yes!Delft, Climate-KIC, Impact!Hub and the ESA Business Incubator.
• You not only love tinkering with cool new products but also have a talent for it
• You enjoy being part of a diverse, multi-cultural team
• You are a reliable, open-minded team player and self-starter
• You can set and manage priorities regarding multiple, simultaneously running, projects
• You are interested in cleantech and circular economy concepts
• You are fluent in English, both verbally and in written (Dutch not a must)
• You have a background in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical or Thermal Engineering
• You are skilled using 3D software like Solidworks or similar
• You are enrolled in a European university/college or have a working permit for the Netherlands